MAYER HISTORY

HOW IT ALL Began- OUR 170 YEAR HISTORY

The History of the mayer group

forge-416432_1920 (1)
1850

Foundation of the Mayer blacksmith’s workshop

Paulus Mayer, an ancestor of the current company owner Klaus Mayer, founded the first blacksmith’s shop in Berschlingen near Ulm.

1850
1929

Takeover of a forge in Mergelstetten

The grandfather of the current owner of the Mayer Group, Klaus Mayer, took over a traditional blacksmith’s shop from the family estate, which was steadily expanded in the following years.

1929
1958

Georg mayer founds a metalworking shop

After successful business operations, Georg Mayer founded a metalworking shop in 1958 for the manufacture of vendor parts for agricultural and construction machinery.

1958
Fabrik2
1960-1965

Laying of the foundation stone of the current location in Mergelstetten

After the first production years of the forge in Itzelberg and various other workshops in Mergelstetten, the first workshop was built at great risk in 1960 at the present location. Complete welded constructions for tower cranes and agricultural machinery were part of the production programme, which was continuously expanded. In 1965, the welded construction was followed by the mechanical processing of the constructions manufactured in-house, which to this day represents an important part of the Mayer Group’s range of services.

1960-1965
Mayer Topfmaschine
1967
 

Development of the world’s first potting machine

With the world’s first potting machine specially developed for horticulture, the name Mayer and automation solutions for horticulture have been inseparably linked since 1967.

1967
1970

Internationalization

After successful business operations in Germany, agencies were founded in European countries as well as in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan from 1970 onwards.

1970
Mayer HDH bei schönem Wetter
1977-1990

Expansion of the company headquarters & production capacity

To be able to meet the increasing demand, the company headquarters at the Mergelstetten location were continuously expanded in the following years. Starting with the initial expansion of the production hall in 1977 by 3,000 m², a further expansion of the production capacity in 1982/83 by 1,500 m² and an extension of the administration building in 1990 and 700 m² followed. 

1977-1990
1993

Takeover of the company by Klaus Mayer

As a result of Georg Mayer’s much too early death at the age of only 58, a restructuring of the company became necessary. His son Klaus Mayer takes over sole responsibility under company law and begins to change the structure of the company.

1993
Bild1
1994

Foundation of Mayer BT Kisfalud & Mayer HW & SW Kft Gyöngyös

To meet the growing demand for automation solutions for commercial horticulture, the first foreign subsidiary was founded in 1994 in Kisfalud, Hungary. This was followed in the same year by the establishment of the 2nd foreign subsidiary of Mayer HW & SW Kft, which from then on focused on the development and manufacture of switch cabinets, control technology and handling equipment such as conveyor belts.

1994
1996

Aufspaltung der Mayer GmbH & Co. Apparate- und Maschinenbau

To be able to respond more specifically to the needs of customers in the various market segments, a reorganization of the corporate structure was undertaken in 1996. This involved the establishment of Mayer GmbH & Co. Apparate- & Maschinenbau was split into the following two companies:

  • Mayer GmbH & Co. Apparatebau
  • Mayer GmbH & Co. Maschinenbau & Verwaltung
1996
1997

New construction of a 1.500m² production hall at the Kisfalud site

The Hungarian location is increasingly developing into a full-service provider. To meet the increasing demand, a new 1,500m² production hall was built according to Western European standards to open up further opportunities for expansion there. In addition, a new laser cutting machine (make: Trumpf L 3030 3000 W) was put into operation which, with the help of the latest technology, makes it possible to establish oneself as a company for laser and sheet metal technology in the long term.

1997
1998

Foundation of Mayer BV GmbH & Co. KG Property Management

Through the commercial leasing of part of the existing buildings to Voith Turbe Antriebstechnik, the land and buildings owned by Klaus Mayer were transferred to Mayer BV GmbH & Co. KG Grundstücksverwaltung. This created a further Mayer company.

1998
2000/2001

Construction of the Mayer Groups new corporate headquarters

Through the establishment of the company Dörflinger Bedachungs- und Fassadenbau GmbH & Co. KG, a new, central, representative administration building was created for joint use by Dörflinger and the Mayer Group companies.

2000/2001
2007

Installation of a further Trumpf laser cutting machine with 
4000 W output

In June 2007, Mayer BT takes another step into the future. The production site in Hungary was further expanded with a new laser from Trumpf. From November 2007, 2 Trumpf laser cutting machines TC 3030 with 3200-watt laser power and 1 Trumpf laser cutting machine TC 3030 with 4000-watt laser power will be in operation.

2007
2010

Foundation of the Mayer Holding GmbH & Co. KG

With effect from January 1, 2010, Mayer Holding GmbH & Co. KG was founded. The shareholder and Managing Director of the Mayer Group, Mr. Klaus Mayer, will bundle all his company investments in the Mayer Holding. This holding company will be supported by a company advisory board with three well-known entrepreneurial personalities.

2010
2010

The Mayer Group is also breaking new ground in ecology

In June 2010, a new photovoltaic plant with 227.68 kWp went into operation. We made this ecological investment in the future in the amount of 700 kWp as an active contribution to environmental protection and CO2 savings. The delivery and installation were carried out by the company Palme Solar GmbH, Heidenheimer Straße 80, 89542 Herbrechtingen/Bolheim. This means that we are independent of the general electricity supply companies in the long term and can generate our electricity requirements ourselves. You can see the entire system on the roofs of our company premises in Heidenheim-Mergelstetten.

2010
Mayer_Drohnenflug_Verwaltungsgebäude_mit Logo_optimiert
Today

The Mayer Group in 2020

As a globally active group of companies, the Mayer Group today offers innovative automation solutions for commercial horticulture, cost-efficient contract manufacturing in thin sheet metal processing and steel construction as well as customized solutions in control and handling technology. At the headquarters in Heidenheim (Germany) and the other locations in Kisfalud and Gyöngyös (Hungary), production is carried out on an area of over 20,000 sqm with modern machinery, experienced specialist personnel and an exceptional vertical range of manufacture.

Today

We will advise you personally

Do you have questions about our scope of services? No problem. We are happy to advise you personally or create a free and non-binding offer.

We will gladly answer your questions

Copyright 2020© All rights Reserved. Design by Mayer Holding

COOKIES

Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um die bestmöglichen Funktionen und Dienste zur Verfügung stellen und die Nutzererfahrung verbessern zu können. Beim Fortfahren durch Nutzung dieser Website, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies einverstanden.